The LocAle scheme was created by CAMRA in 2007 to help support local brewing traditions. There are now over 100 CAMRA branches participating in the scheme, which has accredited hundreds of pubs as LocAle pubs, regularly selling at least one locally-brewed real ale.
Everyone benefits from local pubs stocking locally-brewed real ale:
- Public houses as stocking local real ales can increase pub visits.
- Consumers who enjoy greater beer choice and diversity.
- Local brewers who gain from increased sales.
- The local economy because more money is spent and retained locally.
- The environment due to fewer 'beer miles' resulting in less road congestion and pollution.
- Tourism due to an increased sense of local identity and pride - let's celebrate what makes our locality different.
Accreditation is at the sole discretion of the local CAMRA branch and subject to the licensee agreeing to the following:
- That they will endeavour to ensure at least one locally brewed real ale, as defined by the local branch, is on sale at all times.
- Only real ale, as defined by CAMRA, can be promoted as a CAMRA LocAle.
- Where the standard of real ale sold falls below an acceptable quality, accreditation will be withdrawn.
- That accreditation can be withdrawn at any time at the discretion of the local branch.
- That should accreditation be withdrawn, or should the licensee withdraw from the scheme, all LocAle publicity material must be removed from the pub and the licensee must cease using the CAMRA LocAle logo.
What is a "LocAle"?
What do we mean by a "locally brewed real ale"? Because of the unique position of our branch, in the far South-Eastern tip of England, we are adopting the definition that a 'local' real ale is one that has been brewed by any Kent brewery.
Errors & Omissions
This information may be out-of-date. If you do find any errors or omissions, please email email@example.com.
Here's a list of the pubs in our branch that are LocAle accredited.
- Carpenters Arms firstname.lastname@example.org(01304) 830190 The Green Coldred CT15 5AJ
- Deal Hoy ku.oc.tnekyohlaed@ofni(01304) 363972 16 Duke Street Deal CT14 6DU
- Farrier moc.loa@ydolemelyad(01304) 360080 90 Manor Road Deal CT14 9DB
- Just Reproach email@example.com 14 King Street Deal CT14 6HX
- Ship Inn (01304) 372222 141 Middle Street Deal CT14 6JZ
- Smugglers Record Shop moc.sdrocersrelggums@lliw(01304) 362368 9 King Street Deal CT14 6HX
- Breakwater Brewery Taproom ku.oc.yrewerbretawkaerb@aerdna07866 198075 St Martin's Yard, Lorne Road Dover CT16 2AA
- Eight Bells (01304) 205030 19 Cannon Street Dover CT16 1BZ
- Elephant & Hind ku.oc.dnihdnatnahpele@nimda(01304) 215654 18-19 Market Square Dover CT16 1NX
- Hoptimist Taproom & Bar 07515 367802 3 Bench Street Dover CT16 1JH
- Louis Armstrong (01304) 204759 58 Maison Dieu Road Dover CT16 1RA
- White Horse ku.oc.revodesrohetihweht@ofni(01304) 213066 St. James Street Dover CT16 1QF
- Five Bells ku.oc.oohay@yrtsaesllebevifeht(01304) 611188 The Cross Eastry CT13 0HX
- Crown Inn (01304) 612555 The Street Finglesham CT14 0NA
- Fitzwalter Arms (01304) 840303 The Street Goodnestone CT3 1PJ
- Great Mongeham
- Leather Bottle 103 Mongeham Road Great Mongeham CT14 9PE
- Sportsman (01304) 380321 23 The Street Sholden CT14 0AL
- Anchor Inn moc.loa@8ellehcimttobba(01227) 720392 High Street Wingham CT3 1BJ